This creamy peanut butter banana ice cream is made with only four ingredients and couldn’t be simpler! With flavours of peanut butter and chocolate hazelnut spread, it’s a delicious alternative to ice-cream when you’re craving a frozen treat.
You may remember my mint chocolate banana ice cream I shared a while back (so good, by the way).
Well, today I’m dropping in with another banana ice cream recipe. This ultra easy peanut butter banana ice cream (or peanut butter ‘nice cream’), to be exact.
Ice cream made with bananas? Yep! And it’s awesome!
Sometimes I wonder why I buy bananas. It’s not that I don’t enjoy them. I go through periods where I eat them on the regular and then there are times when they sit on the counter until they practically walk away. You too?
It’s amazing how a frozen banana can transfer into “ice cream.”
Combined with flavourful chocolate/cocoa hazelnut spread, there’s no way you’re going to stop at just one scoop. I speak from experience!
Trust me when I say you’ll never look at bananas the same again when you try this out. It’s like magic as those bananas get all creamy dreamy.
Tips for Making Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
- When freezing bananas, ensure that they aren’t too ripe. If they are, your end result will have more banana flavour (not that that’s necessarily a bad thing), but you do want the other flavours to shine through.
- Prior to freezing, peel those bananas. Cut your peeled banana up into chunks. Place a piece of wax paper on a sheet pan and spread out the chunks of banana and freeze. The smaller chunks makes things easier on your food processor.
- Depending on the model and strength of your food processor, you may need to process the bananas in batches initially.
- When the banana ice cream is ready to enjoy, remove from the freezer for about 10 minutes to soften slightly and make it more scoop-able.
- Drizzle extra melted chocolate hazelnut spread on top and sprinkle with peanuts for extra oomph when serving, if you like. These honey roasted peanut clusters would be a lovely addition.
- For an extra special treat, serve this nice cream in waffles cups.
As my hubby says, this peanut butter banana ice cream is a weekend treat without the Monday guilt! I don’t know about you, but I am totally down with that!
More Frozen Dessert Recipes
If you make this peanut butter banana ice cream, be sure to leave a comment below!
Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
- 3 frozen bananas, cut into chunks
- 2.5 tablespoons all natural peanut butter
- 2.5 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread, like Nutella or your favourite variety (plus more to taste for optional garnish)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla almond milk, or milk of your choice
- peanuts, garnish to taste (optional)
- Place frozen banana chunks, peanut butter, chocolate hazelnut spread and vanilla almond milk into a food processor and process until smooth (stopping to scrape the sides of the processor with a rubber spatula, as necessary). If you need to loosen or thin things, you can drizzle in a little more milk should you wish.
- Place mixture into a freezer-safe container, cover, and freeze for 2 to 3 hours. Upon serving, you can drizzle additional chocolate hazelnut spread and sprinkle peanuts over top, if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition (ESTIMATE ONLY)
Nutrition estimate (if provided) is based on 1 Serving.
Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are guidelines only.
Tried this recipe?
If you do make this recipe, thank you!! It would mean so much if you could leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed it, and it helps other readers too!