This creamy peanut butter banana ice cream is made with only four ingredients and couldn’t be simpler! With the flavours of peanut butter and Nutella it’s a delicious alternative to ice cream when you’re craving a frozen treat.
You may remember my mint chocolate banana ice cream I shared a while back (so good, by the way).
Well, today I’m dropping in with another banana ice cream recipe…this ultra easy peanut butter banana ice cream (or peanut butter ‘nice cream’), to be exact.
Ice cream made with bananas? Yep! And it’s awesome!
Sometimes I wonder why I buy bananas. It’s not that I don’t enjoy them. I go through periods where I eat them on the regular and then there are times when they sit on the counter until they practically walk away. You too?
It’s amazing how a frozen banana can transfer into ‘ice-cream’.
Combined with flavourful Nutella, there’s no way you’re going to stop at just one scoop. I speak from experience here 😉
Trust me when I say you’ll never look at bananas the same again when you try this out. It’s like magic as those bananas get all creamy dreamy—>
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
Recipe Tips For Making Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
When freezing bananas, ensure that they aren’t too ripe. If they are, your end result will be more ‘banana-ey’….not that that’s necessarily a bad thing, but you do want the other flavours to shine through…in this case peanut butter and Nutella.
Prior to freezing, peel those bananas. Place a piece of wax paper on a baking sheet and cut your peeled banana up into chunks. This makes it easier on your food processor.
Speaking of which, depending on the model/strength of your food processor, you may need to blend the bananas up in batches initially.
When the nice cream is ready to freeze, I like to place in a wax paper lined baking pan. I do this so I don’t scrape the heck out of my pan when scooping up to enjoy.
When you are ready to enjoy, remove from the freezer for about 10 minutes to soften slightly and make it more scoop-able.
Drizzle extra melted Nutella on top and sprinkle with peanuts for extra oomph when serving, if you like. These honey roasted peanut clusters would be a lovely addition too.
For an extra special treat, serve this nice cream in homemade waffles cups, like this recipe from Epicurious.
As my hubby says, this peanut butter banana ice cream is a weekend treat without the Monday guilt 😉 I don’t know about you, but I am totally down with that!
Other Frozen Dessert Recipes you may Enjoy
- Triple Berry Ice Pops – Made with plenty of berries and cream cheese, these are a delicious treat, especially on a hot summer day.
- Cherry Ice Pops – Vegan, gluten free and naturally sweetened and so very tasty. Always a favourite!
Hope you love this easy frozen banana ice cream recipe as much as we do!
Until next time take care and chit chat again soon,
Make this peanut butter banana ice cream? That’s awesome! Love it if you left a comment below. Many thanks!
Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream (with Nutella)
- 3 frozen bananas , cut into chunks
- 2.5 tablespoons all natural peanut butter
- 2.5 tablespoons Nutella (or your favourite hazlenut spread). Plus more for drizzling)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- peanuts (garnish, optional)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor, cover and blend until smooth (stopping to scrape sides with a spatula, as necessary). If you need to loosen things, you can drizzle in a little more milk shoud you wish.
- Place mixture in a parchment paper lined pan or dish or freeze for 2 to 3 hours. Upon serving, you can drizzle additional Nutella and sprinkle peanuts over top, if desired. Enjoy!