This Peanut Butter Nutella Banana Ice Cream ( try saying that 5 times, lol) is made with, get this, only four ingredients and couldn’t be simpler! Mix them up in a processor, freeze and enjoy! This ice cream with bananas is a delicious alternative to ice cream.
Hey lovely people! Dropping in super quick today with this ultra easy banana ice cream recipe! Trust me when I say you’ll never look at bananas the same again when you try this out. It’s like magic as those bananas get all creamy dreamy—>
Frozen Banana Ice Cream with Peanut Butter and Nutella
Ice cream made with bananas? Yep! And it’s awesome! Sometimes I wonder why I buy bananas. It’s not that I don’t enjoy them. I go through periods where I eat them on the regular and then there are times when they sit on the counter until they practically walk away. It’s amazing how a frozen banana can transfer into ‘ice-cream’.
Some tips, though, for making this the best ice cream (or, um, nice cream ever)—>
- When freezing bananas, ensure that they aren’t too ripe. If they are, your end result will be more ‘banana-ey’….not that that’s necessarily a bad thing, but you do want the other flavours to shine through…in this case peanut butter and Nutella.
- Prior to freezing, peel those bananas. Place a piece of wax paper on a baking sheet and cut your peeled banana up into chunks. This makes it easier on your food processor.
- Speaking of which, depending on the model/strength of your food processor, you may need to blend the bananas up in batches initially.
- When the nice cream is ready to freeze, I like to place in a wax paper lined baking pan. I do this so I don’t scrape the heck out of my pan when scooping up to enjoy.
- When you are ready to shove this nice cream into your pie hole, remove from the freezer for about 10 minutes to soften slightly and make it more scoop-able.
- Drizzle extra melted Nutella on top and sprinkle with peanuts for extra oomph when serving up.
As my hubby says, this Peanut Butter Nutella Banana Ice Cream is a weekend treat without the Monday guilt 😉 Don’t know about you, but I am totally down with that!
Other Frozen Dessert Recipes you may Enjoy
If you think this Peanut Butter Nutella Banana Ic Cream will make your belly happy too, please be sure to hit that little Pin button. Many thanks, you guys! XO
Until next time take care and chit chat again soon 🙂
Peanut Butter Nutella Banana Ice Cream
- 3 frozen bananas -cut into chunks
- 2.5 tbsp all natural peanut butter
- 2.5 tbsp Nutella -plus more for drizzling
- 2 tbsp vanilla almond milk -or milk of your choice
- peanuts -garnish, optional
Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth, stopping to scrape sides with a spatula, as necessary.
Place mixture in a parchment paper lined pan or dish or freeze for 2-3 hours. Upon serving, you can drizzle additional Nutella and sprinkle peanuts over top, if desired. Enjoy!
To melt Nutella for drizzle garnish, place desired amount in microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds at a time, until desired consistency is reached.