For this recipe post, I was actually going to call this ‘You Need This in Your Life Peach & Prosciutto Pizza,’ but that would have been a bit dramatic, don’t you think? But seriously, though, what a wicked combo! I mean peaches & prosciutto – how can you go wrong? In my mind, you can’t. Throw some brie and balsamic maple drizzle on top of that and it’s just magical. You, quite possibly, may not want to share! But, please do! Share the love, people!
Every once in a while when I get a real craving for pizza, this recipe fits the bill perfectly. It takes a little time to make, but so worth it. Now, if it’s Saturday night and you’re two glasses of wine in, don’t make this ’cause you’ll end up with a hot mess. Just call delivery & make this baby next time 🙂
Peach & Prosciutto Pizza
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp yeast -quick rise variety
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 1/2 tbsp olive oil -see note below
- 1 cup luke warm water
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 2 peaches -sliced
- 65 grams brie -thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion -thinly sliced
- 3-4 mushrooms -thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp rosemary -chopped
- 1 tbsp tarragon -chopped
- 1 tbsp cornmeal
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- First, get going on the dough -Stir together flour, yeast, salt, & sugar in a stand mixer - or by hand if you want to get a workout, especially if you're not sharing that pizza 🙂 Then, add 1 tbsp. olive oil and the water until a ball is formed (if too tacky, add a little more flour, about a tbsp. at a time; conversely, if too dry, add about a tbsp. of water at a time). Once everything comes together, place ball of dough into greased bowl (grease bowl with 1/2 tbsp. of olive oil), cover with wax paper and then a tea towel and place in a warm area for about two hours until it rises about double the size (I usually put inside the microwave - not turned on, of course).
- Preheat oven to 350 F and on a sheet pan with parchment paper, crisp prosciutto for 5 minutes; tear into bite-sized pieces & lay to one side.Increase oven temp to 500F & place your pizza stone in there and get that sucker hot!
- For the balsamic maple drizzle, mix vinegar with maple syrup in a sauce pan on low heat for 12-15 minutes until it coats the back of a spoon (make this while your pizza is in the oven).
- Remove dough from bowl and roll out on floured surface to fit pizza stone. Carefully take pizza stone from oven. Throw cornmeal on stone and place dough on stone. Working quickly, brush pizza dough with 2 tbsp olive oil, top with all of your ingredients (prosciutto, peaches, brie, onion, mushrooms & rosemary), except terragon and balsamic drizzle. Cook for about 12 minutes or so until crust is golden brown & toppings are heated through. Once out from oven, pour on balsamic drizzle, finish with tarragon and cracked black pepper. Slice into pieces and dig in!