These No Bake Chocolate Chai Protein Balls take minutes to prepare and practically seconds to eat! They are loaded with wholesome ingredients like oats, protein powder and almond butter and so much better than a chocolate bar.
Hey guys! How was your weekend? We had such a lovely one ’round here and it’s finally starting to feel like spring. We even had a bbq yesterday! Woot woot! Nothing like going on the back deck and cooking outside. Truth be told, mostly hubby does the grilling, but I’m right there alongside him. I usually look after the sides and treats. Speaking of which, these no bake chocolate chai protein balls. After dinner I’m always looking for something a little sweet and these fit the bill perfectly!
How to Use Protein Powder?
In the past when I’ve used protein powder, it was usually just to add to a smoothie for an after work-out treat However, the possibilities are endless when it comes to using protein powder! Of course, it works lovely in smoothies, but protein powder is also awesome added to baked goods like breads and cookies or to no bake treats like these homemade protein balls!
Step by Step Instructions – How to Make Protein Balls
These homemade protein balls are made right in your food processor and couldn’t be simpler to prepare! I usually like to double the batch and freeze some (yep, they freeze well) to have on hand when I’m craving a little somethin’ somethin’ (which is quite often, lol).
Basically, there’s only 5 steps to make these protein balls –
- Whiz up dry ingredients
- Add wet ingredients
- Form into balls
- Refrigerate until firm
Then, they are ready to shove in your pie-hole 😉
Tips for Making These Chocolate Chai Protein Balls
- If you want these protein balls to be vegan and gluten free be sure to use vegan chips and gluten free oats.
- Use the best quality unsweetened cocoa powder you can find.
- When adding the chocolate chips ensure that you don’t mix up too much because you still want little pieces of chocolate. Just quickly pulse the processor 1-2 times.
- After forming into balls you want to refrigerate so they firm up a bit. These also should be stored in the fridge.
Looking for more no bake recipes? Check these out!
These little bites are loaded with warming spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and clove. Plus, they have a little texture from the chia seeds in the protein powder. It’ll be hard to stop at one! Trust me, I speak from experience 😉
Hope you enjoy these no bake protein balls!
Don’t forget to subscribe below to stay in the loop on all the latest recipes!
P.S. If you think these no bake protein balls will make your belly happy too, please be sure to hit that little Pin button. Many thanks, you guys! XO
No Bake Chocolate Chai Protein Balls
- 1.5 cups oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp chai protein powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt -sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil -melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 tsp mini chocolate chips
- In a food processor add oats, cocoa powder, protein powder, cinnamon, ginger, clove, nutmeg, and salt. Pulse until oats are mostly broken down/smooth.
- To processor add coconut oil, maple syrup and almond butter and blend until combine, about 1 minute.
- Add chocolate chips and pulse and 1 to 2 times. About a tablespoon form into balls. Place on a wax paper lined pan and place in fridge about 30 minutes before enjoying. They will firm up in fridge. Store in fridge as well. Enjoy!