Monthly Favourites MAY 2016
Hey guys! Happy Friday! Woot woot! Bet you didn’t think you’d hear from me today, did ya?
Well, I’ve decided to do a ‘Monthly Favourites’ for Girl Heart Food for each month. Yay! I’ll try to post the Monthly Favourites a week or so following the end of the month, perhaps on a Friday. That way, you’ll have something to peruse while you’re drinking your morning coffee on the weekend. Always thinking about you guys 😉
Over the course of a month, most of us try new things and I thought this would be a great way to spread the love and share some of the things that have made me smile. Plus, it’s a great way to keep the conversation going and get to know a little more about me and what floats my boat. I just may suggest something that perks your interest. And, obviously – please, if you have anything to share that you think I’d enjoy, I’d love to hear it!
Basically, for my ‘Monthly Favourites’ I’ll have a small summary of the recipes that I have posted during that particular month (just in case you missed ’em) as well as a list of stuff that I have liked. I’ll try to cover topics such as:
- Food – Things like sharing links to fellow food blogger recipes that I think are awesome, products that I have tried, restaurants that I have visited. Food everything. Right up my alley. #foodlife
- Reads – Things like books, magazines or on-line articles that I think are interesting
- Television shows/movies – Hubby and I are always on the look out for new shows and, of course, we have our favs too. Love to recommend anything that we think is worthy of your time!
- Music – Perhaps a recommendation of a new song or records. P.S. I love ALL kinds of music. Well, maybe not heavy metal, but you get the picture 🙂
- Clothes/Beauty – Hey, I’m a self confessed girly girl. May just have to throw something in here-n-there. A beautiful top? Sure! Fun nail polish colour? Yes! Feel me?
- Random Stuff- self explanatory 😉
I may not cover every single topic each month, just the things that I have thought you may be interested in.
So onto this new little addition to Girl Heart Food and check out Monthly Favourites May 2016 shall we ? –
RECIPES I’VE POSTED THIS MONTH –
FOOD & FOOD RELATED SHENANIGANS –
- Speck Ham Cheesy Cauliflower from Tasty Ever After. So good you could eat as a meal all by itself. Cheese, speck ham and cauliflower all baked together in bubbly bliss. ‘Nuff said.
- Maple Sesame Almonds from Beaming Baker. Better go ahead and double the batch ’cause you won’t wanna share. Perfect for munching on while your watching your favourite show.
- Hubby & I have discovered the best fries ever at The Merchant Tavern, a local restaurant. Served with a garlic mayo and completely addictive. Yes please. Oh, and a nice cold beer to go with. Sit at the bar; it’s the best.
- If you have been reading my posts, you know that I have a fear of/love for pressure cookers. I have been using more and more recently and it’s starting to become my new fav small kitchen appliance.
- ‘Why not me?’ by Mindy Kaling. That girl is funny. And she writes like she talks. Such a fun and easy read. Be prepared to laugh.
- The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix. Such a feel good show. I remember one of the quotes from the show went something like this – ‘I’m like a lollipop with a question mark on the wrapper…I don’t know what’s going on inside here.’ Sounds about right 😀 #storyofmylife
- Penny Dreadful Season 3 aired this month. I LOVE this show. Eva Green stars in it and she is unbelievably awesome. Talk about talent! It’s based in London and is a scary show, so it may not be for you, but if you don’t mind hiding behind your bowl of popcorn at times, then go for it! It’s a top 3 show for me.
- Ok, I may be just a little late with this but Amy Winehouse’s ‘Back to Black‘ Album is so good. All of the songs. Put in on. Push play. Can listen to for hours. Hubby & I typically throw on a record or two particularly on the weekend while we are chillin’.
- Other songs I am loving this month are ‘Let it Go’ by James Bay and ‘7 Years’ by Lukas Graham. And I’ll never get tired of ‘And we Danced’ by Macklemore featuring Ziggy Stardust. Blast that one!
- Wanna shine this Summer? I always wear sunblock, but if you want to have a ‘I’m so fresh; I have this glow naturally’ look this ‘Glow Kit’ is awesome. Find it at Sephora. I have the colour palette ‘Gleam’. It’ll probably last me forever ’cause you only need a bit.
- I’ve been lovin’ a new nail polish lately. It’s from Wet-n-Wild. The colour is called ‘Pale in Comparison’. It’s like a super light pinkish white. You may have seen it on my nails in my last post for the Peach, Strawberry and Lime Ice Pops, if you are wondering. P.S. I usually always wear polish, especially my toes. Love it! Gotta have it!
- Whilst browsing the book selection on Amazon, I came across a colouring book. ‘So?’, you ask, well, it’s not just any colouring book. It’s a swear word colouring book with ‘SH**’ on the cover, for, ya know, when you’re feeling sassy & want to get your frustrations out…break out those crayons and way to go, right 😉 ?
Hope your weekend is as relaxing as this little fella and you’ve enjoyed these Monthly Favourites May 2016! Have a wicked weekend, you guys!