Frittata…sounds super fancy, doesn’t it? Like, fancy enough to impress someone 🙂 It may sound that way, but it’s basically just a bunch of eggs & toppings baked in a pan in the oven. Pretty easy! There’s really minimal effort that goes into making this (which, to be frank, I’m all about that on Saturday morning – I mean, really, who isn’t?) If you were partially awake you could probably even pull this off…well, maybe. Drink some coffee first- that’s important.
This Goat Cheese, Prosciutto & Veg Frittata has you covered for brunch this weekend! It also works particularly well left over for lunch or supper with a green salad…score! What a dish, right?!
This dish is exploding with flavour and the combination of ingredients & colours is a feast for your eyes, but, more importantly, your belly!
Prep this baby, throw it in the oven, have another coffee & sit back and relax!
Goat Cheese, Prosciutto & Veg Frittata
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 cup broccoli -cut into little florets
- 1 pencil hot pepper -or your fav, sliced
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 2 mushrooms -sliced
- Pam cooking spray -to grease non-stick pan
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Bake prosciutto in oven on baking sheet for about 5-7 minutes until crispy.
- Prick sweet potato with knife and microwave on high until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Steam broccoli for a couple minutes on stove top.
- Beat eggs and add pepper & heavy cream. Grease non-stick pan with cooking spray. Pour eggs into pan. On top of eggs place broccoli, pencil hot pepper, prosciutto (crumble it), mushrooms & sweet potato (slice in half & scoop out teaspoons to put over frittata). Finally, crumble goat cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered in oven for about 30 minutes. When cooked through, gently slide out of pan onto board & cut into four pieces. Enjoy!