Flavoured with lots of warming spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and clove (and eggnog, of course) these Eggnog Cupcakes make for one festive treat this holiday season!
Eggnog is only available in grocery stores around here during the holidays, so when I suddenly see it on shelves I get super excited because I know what’s around the corner! I remember years ago thinking that eggnog was this super weird drink, like ‘eggs?’ Really? In a drink? No thanks. I definitely don’t think that way now, of course 🙂 Thank goodness!
The first time I tried eggnog was at my hubby’s (then boyfriend’s) childhood home. It was delicious! I had been missing out all those years! So, these days I definitely take advantage and stock up on eggnog while I can for the few weeks that it is available.
The holidays is definitely also a time of a little bit of indulgence and everyone knows that calories DO NOT count at Christmas, do they? So to combine eggnog in cupcake form with a delicious cream cheese frosting spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg, I mean come on! You will definitely want to eat 1 or 3 of these cupcakes so you’ll probably want to double the batch. Just saying…. 😉
Tips for Making these Eggnog Cupcakes
- To lighten things up a bit use a ‘light’ eggnog.
- Half the cream cheese frosting recipe for a less indulgent treat.
- Ensure the eggnog cupcakes are fully cooled before frosting.
- Chocolate Shavings also work lovely as a garnish.
Other Holiday Dessert Recipes you May Enjoy
- Triple Chocolate Candy Cane Bark
- Fruitcake Bread Pudding
- Shortbread Cookies with White Chocolate and Candy Cane
Here’s to a delicious start to the holiday season!
Hope you love these easy eggnog cupcakes as much as I do. They are a real treat for sure!
Until next time take care and chit chat again soon 🙂
Eggnog Cupcakes with Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting
Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 package light cream cheese
- 2.5 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter -unsalted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup light eggnog
- 1/2 tbsp graham wafer crumbs -crushed
- Pam Baking spray -to grease liners
- 12 cupcake liners -for cupcakes/pan
Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a stand mixer, mix cream cheese until fluffy. A cup at a time, add icing sugar until incorporated.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and mix until combined, about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare the cupcake pan. Place cupcake liners in pan and grease with Pam.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves and salt. Whisk to combine. Reserve.
- In a stand mixer cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- One at a time add eggs until incorporated, about 30 seconds to a minute each time. Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- Starting with flour mixture, add about 1/3 of it to the butter mixture and mix about 30 seconds and then add 1/3 of the eggnog and mix about 30 seconds. Repeat until flour mixture and eggnog is used and all combined.
- Pour equally into prepared pan and make for 20-22 minutes (checking on at 20 minutes). Cupcakes are done when wooden skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from pan. Let cool completely on wire rack before piping (or spooning on) prepared Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting. Garnish with graham crumbs.