Minimal preparation, maximum flavour – that’s what I think about Meat and Cheese Boards. You can easily customize to your tastes and can make them as small or as large as you need. Easy to prepare charcuterie boards are definitively a necessity for entertaining this holiday season!
Hey everyone! I’m super excited today to bring you this Meat and Cheese Board! I know, I know, it doesn’t take much to excite me but, what can I say? I love food. Entertaining and Meat and Cheese Boards go hand in hand, if you ask me. But, a meat and cheese board is not just for entertaining. This is something hubby and I eat on the regular, especially on Friday night for a fuss free dinner (with wine, of course).
I love how casual and easy to prepare meat and cheese boards are, still the presentation is always beautiful. I wouldn’t even call this a recipe per se, more like an ‘assembly.’
How to Prepare a Charcuterie Board with Cheese
Some key items to include when creating your own meat and cheese board for a cocktail party are –
• 4-6 types of cheese, each with different flavours and textures and allow about 2 ounces of cheese per person. Cut the varieties of cheese into different sizes for interest.
• 3-4 types of your favourite charcuterie and allow about 2-3 ounces of meat per person. A selection of prosciutto, your favourite salami and mortadella are delicious options.
• Lots of bread, cut into bite sized pieces and toasted
• A variety of crackers are great
• Candied, salted or plain nuts (whatever your favourite variety) is an awesome addition
• Dried fruit, like apricots, cranberries and dates
• Pickled vegetables, like green beans, onions and some olives
• A spread, like a fig jam (my personal favourite)
• Ensure you have lots of utensils and napkins for everyone.
Another thing I love about a Meat and Cheese Board is mixing and matching with the ingredients. Try different cheese combos with different meats and spreads. It’s fun experimenting!
Now, get to it! Start creating your very own delicious Meat and Cheese Board! ‘Tis the season to try something new!
P.P.S. If you think this Meat and Cheese Board will make your belly happy too, please be sure to hit that little Pin button. Many thanks, you guys! XO
Meat and Cheese Board
- assortment nuts -about 2-4 tbsp per person
- assortment picked vegetables -like picked green beans, picked onions, olives
- spread or jam -fig is lovely, about half cup
- 2-4 varieties meat -about 2-3 ounces per person
- 4-6 varieties cheese -about 2 ounces per person
- assortment dried or fresh fruit -like figs, apple or pear, few pieces per person
- sprigs of herbs -like rosemary (for colour)
- crusty bread -about 4-5 small pieces per person
- assortment crackers -about half dozen for each person
- Use your favourite platter - wooden, ceramic, marble. Whatever you like!
- Put the nuts, pickled veg and any sauces or spreads in little dishes and place on the platter you are using. Ensure there's little spoons or serving utensils in the jars for serving.
- Arrange the varieties of meat and cheese around the little dishes.
- Fill any empty space with dried or fresh fruit and herbs. Make it pretty!
- I like to serve any bread and crackers alongside. Alternatively, you can place directly on the platter. Enjoy!