These six ingredient breakfast ham and egg muffins require less than 10 minutes of prep and make for a quick grab-and-go bite for busy days!
I was in serious need of mixing up our breakfast routine. No lie. Hubby and I were having smoothies for a long time, I mean months. Our morning routine changed, so we switched things up a bit with granola bars (and coffee, of course). That’s getting a little old now so enter these ultra easy homemade breakfast ham and egg muffins! I made another version with egg white that I’ll share with you guys in a little bit (gotta have options, am I right?)
Homemade Breakfast Ham and Egg Muffins
When I say these breakfast ham and egg muffins are easy, I mean it. They can easily be whipped up in under 10 minutes and the longest part is waiting for them to bake. If you want to leave them vegetarian, omit the ham and maybe add a little more bell pepper or even some broccoli cut into small florets. It ain’t rocket science 😉
Easy Make Ahead Breakfast – Scrambled Egg Muffins
The thing that I love most about these ham and egg muffins is that I can make a batch of them ahead of time to enjoy throughout the week. They should be enjoyed within 2- 3 days of making and, if not, they can be frozen and reheated in the oven or microwave for an easy, satisfying breakfast.
When preparing these egg muffins, I filled the liners to the top. Because there’s whole egg in there, they rise a bit and are nice and fluffy.
These are perfect handheld bites for busy mornings. I’m sure we will be enjoying them for the next little while until it’s onto something else 😉
For the next month, though, it will be no ham in mine. Remember when I spoke of ‘meatless March’ the other day? Basically, I’d go the whole month (yes, the whole month) of March eating only vegetarian meals. Well, I get a text from my mother the other night—>
‘I read on your blog you may do a meatless March. I’ll take that challenge with you if you want to :)”
Thinking to myself – hmmmmm…..now, this is getting real.
A whole month without wings, charcuterie, or steak?!
“Ok, what the heck…let’s DO this!”
So, folks, this little yummy ham and cheese muffin is off limits for me until April, but you can eat an extra one for me, ok 😉 ?
Wish me luck in my meatless March escapades. I’ll try to share how I’m doing with you guys so stay tuned. Tell me, what’s your fave vegetarian recipe?
Until next time, take care and chit chat again soon!
Breakfast Ham and Egg Muffins
- 12 eggs - I used large
- 3/4 cup cooked ham -diced small
- 1 bell pepper -diced small (about a cup)
- 2/3 cup cheddar cheese -shredded
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp hot sauce -your favourite
- cooking spray -to grease muffin liners
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place muffin liners (parchment variety works best) in muffin tin and spray with Pam. Lay to one side. NOTE: Depending on what type of liners you use, they may stick to the muffins (so you'll have to take your time removing). Otherwise, you can either use a silicone muffin pan OR (the EASIEST way) is to pour the egg mixture DIRECTLY into the muffin pan that has been greased with butter or cooking spray. Let them cool a few minutes after making and gently run an offset spatula or knife around them to loosen.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs. Add remainder of ingredients to combine. Distribute among muffin liners, filling up, and bake 28-30 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. Enjoy!