If you’re looking for a delicious orange smoothie recipe, this is it! This creamy orange smoothie is made with frozen orange segments, real orange juice and vanilla. Plus, it tastes like a favourite childhood frozen treat in smoothie form!
Today I’m stopping in real quick with this delicious orange smoothie recipe!
You know we love smoothies around here.
Did you ever indulge in one of those store-bought orange frozen treats? I loved those as a kid! This drink is kinda like that in smoothie form, but only better!
What was your favourite childhood treat?
Why This Orange Smoothie Recipe is Great
- Made with only 6 ingredients.
- Loaded with wholesome, yummy ingredients
- Comes together in minutes. You basically have to put all the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Makes for a delicious breakfast or snack
- Of course, it tastes delicious!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
The key here is to use frozen orange segments. It gives a thick body to the smoothie, almost like a frozen banana would.
Real vanilla bean was used here. However, if you don’t have vanilla bean on hand, feel free to use pure vanilla extract.
Don’t want to use protein powder? Omit it.
If you don’t want things too sweet, you can skip the maple syrup. Alternatively, if you like things sweeter, add more to taste.
This fruit smoothie is thick. If you want to thin things out a little, mix in a little more almond milk.
Hope you love this fruit smoothie as much as we do!
If you make this orange smoothie recipe, be sure to leave a comment below. Love to know how you enjoyed! Thank you!
Creamy Orange Smoothie Recipe (with vanilla)
- 2 medium oranges , segments removed, FROZEN
- ½ cup orange juice (not from concentrate)
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 vanilla pod , seeds scraped or ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or to taste)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (your favouite vegan & gluten free protein powder, optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and combined. Divide smoothie between two glasses. Garnish, if desired, with an orange wedge. Enjoy!Note: If it's too thick, blend in a little more milk.
- The key here is to use frozen orange segments. It gives a thick body to the smoothie, almost like a frozen banana would.
Nutrition (ESTIMATE ONLY)
Nutrition estimate (if provided) is based on 1 Serving.
Nutrition information (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate only. Ingredients can vary and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are guidelines only.