This Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread is not your average banana bread. It is a trifecta of awesomeness – chocolate, peanut butter and bananas. I mean, seriously! Easy to prep, you just have to have the patience to wait for this baby to bake. Have your cold glass of milk ready – it’s banana bread’s best friend.
Who doesn’t love banana bread? I mean, it’s made with bananas so it’s technically considered a fruit, right? Fruit is good for you, so that means banana bread is good for you. Yes, this is my reasoning for having a second piece.
Banana bread usually is usually the result of bananas that are not at their peak. I recently purchased too many and I had several that were about to walk off the countertop. For me, that usually means one of two things – banana bread or smoothie. Banana bread takes slightly more effort, but the results are so much more tastier. Plus, you get a big hunk-o-banana bread that you can eat throughout the week. Score!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder -sifted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter -smooth
- 2 tbsp peanut butter -smooth, for the top
- 1/2 cup butter -unsalted & at room temperature
- 3 bananas -super ripe
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup brown sugar -light
- 1/2 cup chocolate bar -Lindt Sea Salt (bar & half,chopped)or your fav
- Pam Baking spray -to grease loaf pan
- 1 egg