Quick and easy triple chocolate brownies for the win! Rich, chocolatey and loaded with chocolate- there’s milk and white chocolate and cocoa powder. Plus, there’s plenty of walnuts for some flavour and texture. The only thing that will make these triple chocolate brownies better is served with a cold glass of milk!
Hey guys! How is your week going so far? More importantly, how is the month going for you? Sticking to any new year’s resolutions or do you think that’s a bunch of nonsense?
Me? I don’t really set resolutions per se. I eat healthy most times and exercise on the regular. Then, there’s other times I stuff my face with homemade brownies. But, I figure as long as the former outweighs the later, I’m good! That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it.
How to Make ‘Em
Full details on how to make these brownies are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics:
- Melt some chocolate with butter.
- Place milk, eggs, vanilla extract and both sugars in a dish and whisk to combine.
- Mix together dry ingredients, such as flour, corn starch, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, white and chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Pour into prepared pan and top with extra chocolate. Bake, cool and enjoy!
I’ve had this recipe ready for a little while. Then, it was the holidays and I figured I’d better test some more to make sure they’re just right.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to the Girl Heart Food Newsletter!
Cakey Brownies versus Fudgey Brownies
How do you like your brownies? Fudgey? Cakey?
These triple chocolate brownies are more of a cakey brownies, but still moist, delicious and they smack ya in the face with chocolate flavour!
Plus, there’s walnuts in there. I have got to have walnuts in my brownies. I just love the textural component they add, but if that’s not your jam, totally feel free to leave out!
These might not agree with any new year’s resolutions you have, but you need to treat yourself every once in a while, don’t ya? And if milk don’t turn your crank, chocolate (or, er, ummm chocolate brownies) goes really well with wine……just sayin’.
More Dessert Recipes You May Enjoy
Hope you love these easy homemade brownies from scratch as much as we do!
Until next time, take care and chit chat again soon,
Make these easy homemade brownies? That’s awesome! Love it if you left a comment below. Many thanks!
Triple Chocolate Brownies with Walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips/chunks (or dark chocolate chips, divided (reserve a few for the top))
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (plus, reserve a few for the top)
- 1 cup walnuts , chopped
- 1/2 cup milk (I used 2% milk fat)
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- baking spray (to grease pan)
- Melt butter with 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl for about 1 minute or until chocolate just melted. Stir to combine and let cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 8" x 8" pan with parchment paper and grease with baking spray. Lay to one side.
- In a large bowl combine flour, corn starch, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, remaining 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and walnuts. Stir to combine.
- Mix milk with eggs, vanilla extract and both sugars. Slowly pour melted chocolate/butter mixture into milk mixture. Then, combine with flour mixture. Stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan (and sprinkle a few chocolate and white chocolate chips over top) and bake for 38 to 40 minutes until wooden skewer comes out clean. Let cool in pan for about 20 minutes and then lift parchment/brownies from pan and let cool completely before cutting into squares. Enjoy!
- Let cool in pan for about 20 minutes and then lift parchment/brownies from pan and let cool completely before cutting into squares. Enjoy!