Rich, chocolatey and loaded with chunks of chocolate and walnuts, the only thing that will make these chocolate brownies better is served with a cold glass of milk!
Hey guys! How is your week going so far? More importantly, how is the month going for you? Sticking to any new year’s resolutions or do you think that’s a bunch of nonsense? Me? I don’t really set resolutions per se. I eat healthy most times and exercise on the regular. Then, there’s other times I stuff my face with brownies. But, I figure as long as the former outweighs the later, I’m good! That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it.
I’ve had this recipe ready for a little while. Then, it was the holidays and I figured I’d better test some more to make sure they’re just right—>oh the things I do for you, lol.
Cakey vs. Fudgy Brownies – What’s Your Favourite?
How do you like your brownies? Fudgy? Cakey? These are more on the cakey side, but still moist, delicious and they smack ya in the face with chocolate flavour! Plus, there’s walnuts in there. I have GOT to have walnuts in my brownies. I just love the textural component they add, but if that’s not your jam, totally feel free to leave out!
These might not agree with any new year’s resolutions you have, but you need to treat yourself every once in a while, don’t ya? And if milk don’t turn your crank, chocolate (or, er, ummm chocolate brownies) goes really well with wine……just sayin’.
Hope you love these as much as I do 🙂
Have an awesome weekend!
Wanna catch more of the shenanigans I’m up to? Follow me on Instagram or subscribe below to stay up to date on all the deliciousness!
P.S. If you missed my last recipe, you can check it out here.
P.P.S If you think these Chocolate Brownies will make your belly happy too, please be sure to hit that little Pin button. Many thanks, you guys! XO
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips/chunks -or dark chocolate chips, divided (reserve a few for the top)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt -I used sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips -reserve a few for the top
- 1 cup walnuts -chopped
- 1/2 cup milk -I used 2%
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs -I used large
- Pam Baking spray -to grease pan
- Melt butter with 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl for about 1 minute or until chocolate just melted. Stir to combine and let cool slightly. Preheat oven to 350F. Line 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper and spray with Pam. Lay to one side.
- In a large bowl combine flour, corn starch, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, remaining 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and walnuts. Stir to combine.
- Mix milk with eggs, vanilla extract and both sugars. Slowly pour melted chocolate/butter mixture into milk mixture. Then, combine with flour mixture. Stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan (and sprinkle a few chocolate and white chocolate chips over top) and bake for 35-40 minutes until wooden skewer comes out clean. Let cool in pan for about 20 minutes and then lift parchment/brownies from pan and let cool completely before cutting into squares. Enjoy!