Monthly Favourites November 2016

Monthly Favourites November 2016 - girlheartfood.com

Monthly Favourites November 2016

Hellooooo there!!    So, we’re less than a month away from Christmas day.  Can you believe it?  Where did November go?  It’s like I blinked my eyes and it was gone.  You feel the same?  So much to do.  Not to worry, there’s still lots of time!  Positive thinking, right?  Anyways, let’s get to it. Let’s recap what has been going on ’round here this past month and what I’ve been loving!

RECIPES I’VE POSTED THIS MONTH –
Pumpkin Mac-n-Cheese with Kale & Bacon

Pumpkin Mac-n-Cheese - girlheartfood.com

Brownie Whoopie Pies with Nutella Peanut Butter Frosting

Brownie Whoopie Pies with Nutella Peanut Butter Frosting - girlheartfood.com

Iced Coffee and Cocoa

Iced Coffee and Cocoa - girlheartfood.com

White Bean and Kale Soup with Crispy Chickpeas

White Bean and Kale Soup with Crispy Chickpeas - girlheartfood.com

FOOD & FOOD RELATED SHINANIGANS-

Turmeric Golden Milk from The Unlikely Baker (pictured below & photo credit) – Hubby was feeling a little under the weather the day that I saw this recipe.  Perfect timing, I thought.  In Jolina’s post she talks about the health benefits of turmeric and I figured this would be a great recipe to try in hopes of him feeling a little better.  Hubby loved the taste and it’s definitely something to keep handy for the upcoming cold season.

turmeric-golden-milk-3

My friend, Karrie, from Tasty Ever After loves food as much as I do.  Both of us love martinis and blue cheese.  She recently told me she loves blue cheese stuffed green olives in her martini.  I never would have thought of combining the two.  At first you may think that’s a little odd, but, believe me, once you try it there’s no going back.  It’s that good.  Whenever I’m feeling extra fancy and wanna break out my inner James Bond, this is my go to drink.  Give it a try and you won’t be disappointed.

TV SHOWS/ BOOKS –

Once again, Karrie has not steered me wrong.  So, she told me about ‘Westworld’ on HBO. Ok, hold on for a minute ’til I tell you the premise.  So, there’s this ‘amusement park’ where people can go to visit for fun (based in the West) and they interact with robotic hosts (who seem to be human-like).  There’s all sorts of drama (of course) and some times I may be trying to figure things out but it is really entertaining.  There’s a bunch of awesome actors in it too, including Anthony Hopkins.  Check it out 👍

Restaurant Man’ by Joe Bastianich.  Joe is the son of Lidia Bastianich and partners with Mario Batali. For anyone who has any love for food whatsoever, whether professional or at home cook, this book is such a good read!  You honestly won’t be able to put it down.  So good!

MUSIC-

‘Sleep on the Floor’ by The Lumineers – the video is here.  I really enjoy The Lumineers anyway ’cause their music so easy listening. They have a lot of good story-telling songs and this one is no exception and the video is just great.  It’s kind of a like ‘what if’ story.

‘Million Reasons’ by Lady Gaga – the audio is here.  If you’ve ever heard Lady Gaga sing live, you know she is such an incredible singer.  This song is a bit different from her regular pop/dance stuff and it is such a lovely song.

BEAUTY/CLOTHES-

Midnight Recovery Concentrate from Kiehls with ingredients like lavender and evening primrose, this facial oil not only moisturizes, but smells amazing and is so relaxing as you rub it on your face.  Perfect before bedtime, if you ask me 💤

How cute is this halter lace jumpsuit from Ricki’s ?  Though I typically wear a dress to holiday parties, I think this is a great way to mix things up a  bit.  Nice shoes and accessories and way to go!  Speaking of Christmas parties, wowzers, so many to go to🎅 You guys the same?

RANDOM-

I recently subscribed furry child to Bark Box.  I don’t know who is excited more every month – me or him.  So far, so good.  There has been a couple of duds with treats (dried pig ears), but other than that, they are a winner.  Each month there’s a theme and the last one was thanksgiving.  Of course, he received a stuffed turkey toy.  The squeaker was ripped out in about 5 seconds flat, but, boy, did he have fun in those 5 seconds 😜  No waste, though, he still plays with them.

You guys, Christmas is only weeks away.  I know we are all super busy preparing, decorating, buying gifts, wrapping gifts, you name it. As we are all running around like crazy, please let’s not forget the less fortunate.  There are a lot of people out there in need and if you can afford to do so, please help someone out anyway you can by volunteering your time or donating food to your local food bank or a gift to a child less fortunate.  It’s so much better to give than to receive and the world needs more of that.  I’m sure you would all agree.  And the smallest of things could make the biggest difference in someone’s life❤️

Hope you guys enjoyed my Monthly Favourites November 2016.  Have a wonderfully relaxing weekend like this little guy.  Until next time, take care and chit chat again soon 🙂

P.S.  The squeaker is out of this toy below too 😂🐶
Monthly Favourites November 2016- girlheartfood.com

16 thoughts on “Monthly Favourites November 2016

1. Kathleen | Hapa Nom Nom says:

Another great monthly favs! They all looks so amazing – though I must say, those whoopie pies have my eye 😉 Also good to know you for the most part like the Bark Box (you’re pup is SO adorable)! I’ve been thinking of signing up, but wondered if it was worth it. Good to know that they are… doggie Christmas gift perhaps??? 🙂
    Kathleen | Hapa Nom Nom recently posted…Pepparkakor (Swedish Ginger Cookies)My Profile

Thank you Kathleen! I think the whoopie pies are my fave too! Thanks for the kind words about my fur baby. Enjoying the Bark Box so far. The last box had two bags of treats (which he loved), two toys (which he loved), a dried pig’s ear (he did’t care for), and a roll of poopy bags. I would imagine that the December box will be Christmas themed and can’t wait to get that one. It definitely would be a great gift! Have an awesome weekend, my friend 🙂

Thanks Jessica! So far so good with the Barkbox. I’m really looking forward to getting the December one….I’d say it’ll be Christmas themed (yay). Happy weekend 🙂

I love your recap posts, Dawn! You always have the best tv recommendations…I’ve also heard good things about Westworld. I’ll have to check it out! And I just watched that entire Lumineers video. So good. So full of emotion. Thanks so much for sharing, my friend…and happy December!! 🙂
    David @ Spiced recently posted…Sheet Pan Steak and Roasted VeggiesMy Profile

3. karrie @ Tasty Ever After says:

What??? You mentioned me twice??? Thanks sista and I love ya…and blue cheese stuffed olives 😉 lol! Yeah, I haven’t watched WestWorld in FOREVER! I’ve gotta get back on that show.
    And you got furry child a Bark Box? I’ve wanted to get those for the girls but I’m picky about their treats. You need to do a post on a homemade bark box!
    Glad Mr. B is feeling better too 🙂 Hope you both have a wonderful weekend xoxoxo
    karrie @ Tasty Ever After recently posted…Beer Advent CalendarMy Profile

Of course! Lots of inspiration from you, girl! And love you too! You totally have to catch up and Westworld because we need to discuss it asap 🙂 A homemade Bark Box? That sounds like such a great idea! Thanks, he is feeling better…got a good dose of it, unfortunately! Have a wonderful weekend too…I’m sure we’ll be chatting 😉 XOXO

4. Stephanie | The Foodie and The Fix says:

Every month when I see your monthly favorites post, I think “I should do a post like this”. It’s so much fun! I love reading about all of the things you’ve checked out during the month and checking out your recommendations. I have that lumineers song playing right now, love it! I actually just caught an episode of Westworld the other day – a random one, not the first one or anything, but it looked really interesting! Love Anthony Hopkins 🙂 Also, you’re super awesome for reminding us all to give. <3 Merry Christmas season, my friend! XOXO
    Stephanie | The Foodie and The Fix recently posted…21 Day Fix Cheesy Garlic Creamed SpinachMy Profile

Yes, you should! They are one of my favourite posts to do! I really enjoy getting them ready 🙂 Isn’t that song lovely? You have to watch Westworld from the beginning. I’m totally hooked and find it hard to have to wait one week to the next to watch the next one, lol. Thanks for the kind words, my friend. Have a lovely weekend! xoxo

I really look forward to your monthly recaps Dawn! I live vicariously through you, see. My life is, let’s just say, boring lol. Plus, I get the inside scoop on what TV shows to get hooked on next (though Westworld would have to wait, I am deep into Gilmore Girls mega marathon!). I really really want to make your whoopie pies. And have Red make your soup. I should this month. They look amazing. And hey, I’m glad hubby likes the golden milk. It’s golden! We can’t get enough of it. Have a lovely December!

Hahaha! I’m not that exciting, lol 😀 I never really did watch Gilmore Girls, but I know a lot of people love it!! I think you would really enjoy Westworld too! Thanks so much, Jolina! Happy almost Friday 🙂 !

I love your monthly favorites, Dawn! It’s fun to get a sneak peek into your life! 🙂 That pumpkin mac ‘n cheese is just calling my name, as are those whoopie pies. And I’ve got to check out that book, I’m always looking for new reads. And yay for subscribing to bark box! I’m debating on whether or not I should do that, so I might try it out. Hope you have a great weekend, friend!
    Gayle @ Pumpkin ‘N Spice recently posted…30 Minute Thursday: Creamy Tomato Tortellini SoupMy Profile

Yay! Thank-you Gayle 🙂 I really love that book and I’m sure I’ll even read it again it was that good. Very entertaining. I’m liking Bark Box so far….or I should say furry child do 😉 I’m excited to get the December one 🙂 Have a great weekend too! xo

Comments are closed.